Frequently Asked Questions

A host agency is a foundation to support independent travel contractors. They provide low start-up costs, industry credentials, accreditation, suppliers, access to educational programs, tools, administration, and agent support. 

  • They are sour & sweet, crunchy and taste great with ice cream!
  • You have the ability to charge planning fees and keep a 100% of your fees**. Unlike other host agencies that require you to include them with your commission split.*
  • Membership with Virtuoso, the leading global luxury travel network. 
  • Commission Tracking with Sion
  • Membership to Travefy a platform for Itineraries, Proposals, Client Management & Marketing Tools 
  • Group coaching
  • Supplier trainings
  • You choose your commission rate* – 70%, 80%, or 90%, unlike other travel hosts that have you hit a min sales to get higher commission rates. Keep more of your profits from day one
  • Ability to brand your own agency and be your own boss
  • Access to FAM (Familiarization) trips and reduced travel rates

No, we welcome new and experienced agents. We have all the tools you need to be successful as a travel advisor new or experienced.

We are licensed in the SOT states of California, Florida & Washington, but not Hawaii.**

No, you are an Independent contractor of PTN operating under yourself or business entity.

Yes, this is very important to keep your personal assets safe!

Yes, you will need to purchase  E & O insurance for your agency.

No, you will need to keep track of your fees separately. Unless it’s in a SOT state and PTN may have to collect them for you. Please be aware that charging fees are prohibited in some states; it is your responsibility to check for your state.

Our suppliers pay PTN your commission and we payout on the 10th of every month via direct deposit.

No, only on your anniversary date. You will need to make this request within 30 days before your anniversary by sending us a support ticket with the tier you’d like to change.

Yes, your clients belong to only you.

Yes, you will need to give PTN 30 days notice for cancellation.

IATA | CLIA Membership

PTN IATAN code: 45769253

PTN CLIA number: 00032299

When you enroll with suppliers, you must use PTN’s codes to receive a commission from us. Want to sign up for your own CLIA or IATA numbers for exclusive travel benefits? See below.

Get your own IATA/IATAN ID Card:


The IATA/IATAN ID Card is the industry-standard credential to identify bona fide travel professionals. Key benefits include access to concessionary incentives from industry suppliers. Just added, the IATA MemberPerks program provides cardholders with daily savings at over 300,000 merchants across North America.

To be eligible, you must be registered with IATAN under PTN’s IATA number 45769253, working a minimum of 20 hours per week and earning a minimum of $5,000 per annum in commissions. You’ll need to send PTN a support ticket asking for approval. Once approved, we will send you a PRIN # to allow you to register with IATAN and ask for an ID card.

Get your own CLIA EMBARK ID:


Obtain a CLIA EMBARC ID for travel discounts and FAM (Familiarization) trips. Join CLIA as an Individual Agent Member, under Pickles Travel Network CLIA #00032299.

Once you’ve registered, submit a support ticket to let us know, and we will approve your registration.